Repair Computer: How to Set Up Static IP Address
Most users do not need to set a static IP address for their computer. Sometimes, it is neccessary to set a fixed Static IP address on their computer.
Static IP is suitable for hosting servers or websites that require large data migration. For more information on static and dynamic IP addresses can click on this link?
How to set static ip for Windows 7, 8, and 10:
- Press Start Menu> Control Panel> Network and Sharing Center or Network and Internet> Network and Sharing Center.
- Select Change adapter settings.
- Right-click on Wi-Fi or Local Area Connection.
- Click on Properties.
- Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4).
- Select Properties.
- Press Use the following IP address.
- Enter the IP address, Subnet mask, Default gateway, and DNS server.
- Press OK.
Example of Setting Static IP Address
You have now successfully used a static IP address.
For full guide on Macintosh OS X software, see Configuring TCP/IP and Proxy Settings on Mac OSX.
Good luck! NM